Wednesday, June 11, 2014

"Jhalmuri" has always fascinated us not only as a tasty retreat but also as a "Process of making the end result". As a child while travelling in Indian Railways the "Jhalmuriwalla" with his hanging containers has once or more moved us to pursue his path. I even once made a prototype of that container at home and sold Rs.2 Jhalmuri to my mom. Every time I travelled in railways I was certain I will ...again be able to get a glimpse of it. Now why are these collective memories remain with us of a certain "Jhalmuri", it's not only the appetite or the taste but the process with customized mixing of spices that gives way to a mind blowing flavour. The packaged "Jhalmuri" nowadays in shops are nowhere near to that. Guess that all advancement is not essential.

No comments:

Post a Comment